Our skin ages due to a decrease in skin cell turnover leading to wrinkles, age spots, and a decrease in elasticity. These results are accelerated by exposures to environmental toxins such as UV radiation, pollution, etc.
We can combat that by using a retinol based product. Retinol, a Vitamin A derivative, speeds up cell turnover leading to an increase in collagen production, a decrease in age spots, and a smoother more even texture with less wrinkles, less acne, and a reduced pore size.
- Go slow. Retinol can be irritating to the skin, so for many, it is better to start slow by applying nightly, only a few days a week and increase usage as tolerated. This irritation is normal and not a reason to avoid retinol. It can take up to 12 weeks to be able to use on a daily basis
- Use at night. Retinol can make your skin more sensitive to the sun and therefore best to use at night. Be sure to protect your skin during the day using a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. We recommend, Save The Wave Smoothing Sunscreen Moisturizers.
- You may need more moisture as you introduce a retinol as it can be drying to the skin. Our favorite is application of our Everything Oil after Retinol use.
- Use early! Do not wait till you have wrinkles to use a retinol product. Women as early as 20 can reap the benefit of using a retinol product daily. It will keep your skin looking younger, longer, and prevent the signs of aging.
- After nightly application of a retinol, everyone should be using a Vitamin C Serum and a Sunscreen daily to prevent and reverse damage from environmental toxins. We Love our Save The Wave 20% Vitamin C Serum and our collection of Sunscreens.
Our Hydrating Retinol Serum is your secret weapon to healthy, more youthful skin. Our retinol formula is effective in improving skin tone, decreasing age spots, and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. The addition of hyaluronic acid, a powerful moisturizer, helps improve your skins moisture level, leading to a more youthful appearance. We add Matrixyl Peptides that promote the growth of collagen which is essential to maintain a smooth and firm appearance of your skin. Zinc Oxide is a natural anti-inflammatory ingredient, which helps reduce swelling and redness. We strive to use organic ingredients and as always we are cruelty free, paraben free, gluten free, dye free, and made in the USA. We know you will LOVE this product.
We can’t wait to see what you think when you try it.
-Heather & Elena.